Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Coon Chronicles: Part 2

As promised, I will continue this series of sharing bizarre situations arising from my last name…COON.

This one is more “cute and cuddly” rather than “wow, racism sucks!” so… relax.

My parents were both involved in the restaurant industry. They eventually went on to own their own restaurant but that’s a story for another time. At this time, my dad was a chef at a good place and my mom was waiting tables at another good place. As kids, my brothers and I were often in the car as my parents stopped off at work to pick up their pay checks, etc.

There were several times when we stopped at my dad’s work, waited in the car for 30 seconds while my dad ran in. One of his kitchen buddies (I forget his name) always ran out screaming in a gruff voice “Coon Doggies! COOOOOON DOGGEEEEEEEEZS!!!! What’s up Coon Doggies?”

I felt like a rare breed on display.

It always was charming and always put smiles on our faces…but I must admit, this guy REALLY enjoyed saying “COOOOOON DOGGEEEEEEEEZS!!!!” His enthusiasm has never been topped. Fo’ real.

I must talk to my dad & ask him what this guy’s name was. For some reason I think it had the adjective “crazy” in front of it, like “Crazy Larry” or “Crazy Joey” or something.

Crazy.

Crazy for the Coon Doggies! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters