Wednesday, August 30, 2006

SOUTHERN COMFORT – PART 2, plus Alexandra Billings

Hi Guys,

I did a little more research on Robert Eads, the Female to Male Transsexual I told you about from the documentary SOUTHERN COMFORT in my last post. His friend, Maxwell, (as seen in the film) has a couple of pieces he wrote posted here:
http://www.ifge.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=210

And it’s so important to read.

I must say, having been friends with the amazing Alexandra Billings, ( http://alexandrabillings.com ), I have learned much about what it is be of transgender. I’m not saying I’m an expert, far from it…but I've been learning much over the past 6 years since I met her. I see a lot of bigotry related to transgender people, from the gay community as well as the straight community and I wish that bigotry would end. I think the best way to do that is to become more educated. read their stories. They are unique individuals, not because of their genitals, but unique in a beautiful way. They are great people.

Plus, Alex and Robert are inspirational people dealing with extraordinary circumstances that most people don’t have to deal with. It’s worth getting to know them.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The First Thanksgiving - A Post Holiday Treat

You've heard their exclusive interviews on Medialicious.TV, now listen to Alexandra Billings and Honey West in this classic radio "dramedy" about the First Thanksgiving. Is Joan Rivers really that old? OUTrageous!

http://www.medialicious.tv/podcast/btt13.mp3

Tue Nov 28, 04:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters