Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Powerful Documentary: WINTER SOLDIER



Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
There was a time during my turkey- filled weekend, that I felt a little under the weather & needed to slow my life down a bit.
I found myself watching a documentary called WINTER SOLDIER. It was something that Steve & I had hoped to watch a while ago but never got around to it, so Steve popped it in the DVD player.

This film blew me away.
Here a group of Vietnam veterans opened up and talked about their experiences in the war.

Very recently we heard President Bush state that if he learned anything about Iraq during his visit to Vietnam, he said that learned that we should stay the course…“we’ll succeed unless we quit.”
Well, that’s not what I learned about Vietnam.
It’s not what Keith Olbermann learned either.

(By the way, Keith Olbermann is awesome for telling it like it is.)

The longer we stayed there, the sicker we became in the treatment of the Vietnamese.
I wonder about the Iraqis now, especially since the Abu Ghraib atrocities have come to our attention.

For more info on the film, please check this out.


I had never before heard about how powerful this film is. I am thankful that I saw it!
Please rent this & talk about it.
It’s so important.

And thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Web Counters